What do you need to do to protect yourself and our residents ?
1. Remember to Sign in, and Sign out the visitor’s register.
The primary purpose of the visitors’ register at the reception areas is so that the Fire Wardens ( normally the RNs in charge at the time) clearly know who is in the building.
Please ensure that you sign in on arrival for all visitors (not just one sign-in to cover all for visitors in the party) and everyone to sign-out on leaving.
- Similarly if you are taking a family member for an outing or appointment, please make sure that this is recorded also.
If these simple rules are not kept, an emergency worker or staff member might endanger or lose their life needlessly.
2. In the event of an emergency, which will be signaled by an alarm and by notification over the PA system, move quickly and calmly to the Nurses Station near the front door of the Hostel or the main nurses’ station in the St Francis Unit as applicable.
The Fire Warden or another staff person will need to check your name off against the visitor register.
3. Then follow instructions as directed.
Note : Outside Emergency Assembly Points are clearly signposted
a) Front lawn
b) Rear lawn
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
- Peter Staples, Executive Manager, 0425 733 689, or
- Eileen Kielty, Director of Care, 8458 3127